My little welcome to you!

Welcome! This blog is a compilation of humor, advice, and everyday life. There are expletives, so if you are sensitive, please go to someone else's blog. I am crass and sometimes downright rude, but I will tell it like it is. Come back to read my stories, I promise there will always be more. Welcome to my life!

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble gobble

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, and by around the corner, I mean tomorrow, I wanted to get a little more serious in my blog.  Okay, I know that I'm not really much of a serious person, but I still wanted to make a little list of things I am thankful for this year.  It's been a tough year, with lots of bumps in my family's path, so I thought I'd cheer myself up by reminding myself just how lucky I truly am. 

So, here is my top ten of why I am thankful:

10.  My children made it through another year without mommy going neurotic and giving them subdural hematomas.  Congratulations to them! 

9.  I am still in college.  I know I'm on the 10 year plan, but I haven't quit (recently).

8.  There is plenty of food in my cupboards, as anyone can tell from my ever growing collection on butt dimples.

7.  I have money in the bank.  Not enough to cover a real emergency, but at least I'm not in the red...for now.

6.  My father is still in good health.  That son of a bitch will outlive all of us.

5.  My husband and I are still together.  This is no small miracle people...I'm a mean mamma jamma on my best days.  He's pretty amazing to put up with me.

4.  Texas Tech won three games this season...I could be depressed that they lost the rest, but we're trying to focus on the good here people.

3.  My wisdom is growing with every blog I write.  HAHAHAAAAAA....

2.  My friends are amazing.  No joke to this.  They are simply amazing.

1.  My life is crazy, errartic, and out of control.  And I'm enjoying every single minute of it.


So that's my list people.  Try it yourself...leave some comments for what you are thankful for.  It's a great way to remind yourself what is truly important this holiday season.  The love of some wonderful, even if a bit nutso, family is something to treasure during those moments that you truly want to off yourself in a graphic Law and Order way.  Life is crazy.  It always will be.  But that's the beauty of it.  You never really know what's going to happen next...and why would you want to?  Nobody wants the ending spoiled!

Happy Thanksgiving people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments! I love feedback, especially when it stirs the pot!