My little welcome to you!

Welcome! This blog is a compilation of humor, advice, and everyday life. There are expletives, so if you are sensitive, please go to someone else's blog. I am crass and sometimes downright rude, but I will tell it like it is. Come back to read my stories, I promise there will always be more. Welcome to my life!

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

You can call me superwoman.

Yes, superwoman. That's right. I juggle two kids, their school schedules, my own full time student status, a bartending job, and try to keep my house clean. I said try, damn it. Oh, plus a dog, a crazy dad, and tend to my husband's "needs" at the same time. Did I mention that I'm trying to get into law school too? That means I have to network, go to conferences, extra credit, testing...good Lord, I swear there are not enough hours in the day. Oh yeah, and mom, could you bake some cookies for the party at school? And honey, can you do a load of laundry...I'm out of underwear. What do you mean we're out of milk? Could you stop by the store in your "spare time" and pick some up? That project is due tomorrow...maybe I can stay up all night and pull off an A-. Where is the dog? I smell shit! Bubba, I told you to go potty in the toilet! Yes, sis, you're beautiful...all the time (gotta grow that self-esteem early people). Sing me a song, write me a story, help me with my homework (that's my husband talking), take care of me cause' i don't feel good, can we have tator tot casserole for dinner? What's for breakfast? I can't find my socks! Mommy........help me! Don't forget about the dry cleaning. Whose birthday is it today? Better bake a cake! Where are my keys? Can you fill up the gas tank? Dance class on Wednesday! Try to make it to the gym...yeah, right.
If only there were 48 hours in a day and I didn't need to sleep. Oh, wait, I don't! I am superwoman! Sleep is for the weak!

So what if I do all of this at the last minute? Who gives a shit? It gets done. And my kids are somewhat well adjusted. I think. I haven't entirely screwed them up....yet. I'm still working on it. Is 4 years old too early for my daughter to tell me that she hates me? I really though that was going to come during adolescence. Of course, that comes ten minutes before her telling me that I'm the best mom in the world. So maybe I really am doing okay. Or maybe I'm just running myself ragged to prevent myself from thinking about the fact that I can't screw that hot guy because on my good days still feel like a saggy old mom with zero time on her hands trying to make everyone else's life a bit easier. Ha!

Vodka soda with a lime anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments! I love feedback, especially when it stirs the pot!