My little welcome to you!

Welcome! This blog is a compilation of humor, advice, and everyday life. There are expletives, so if you are sensitive, please go to someone else's blog. I am crass and sometimes downright rude, but I will tell it like it is. Come back to read my stories, I promise there will always be more. Welcome to my life!

Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

Work it girl

We missed school today.  And my son's best friend is hanging out.  So naturally my house is being completely terrorized by all three kids.  I know you're wondering why we all missed school on a Friday, but I can explain! 

And the explanation is.....wait for it....I worked last night.  Expecting something more tragic?  Sorry to disappoint.  Ok, so usually when I work on Thursday nights my husband takes the kids to school so that I can sleep in.  Sounds like a win-win, right?  Well, not today.  He left for work at 6:30, which meant I needed to take both kids.  The problem with this is, I didn't get home until 4:00 a.m.  I wish he would have thought about that before he signed up for the early shift...the old prick. And I'm a bartender who is not discouraged from drinking, most nights even encouraged to drink on the job.  Would you have woken up?  Probably not. I love my job...getting paid to have a good time is alright with me.  And you can't beat the money combined with the hours...unless you're a doctor or lawyer and that's a few years away.

My daughter brought me water before I even asked...how sad is that?  Training her early, apparently.  Lol.  Nah, she's just pretty awesome like that.  My mouth felt like I had swallowed a levy bag full of sand left over from Hurricane Katrina.  Ugh.  Occupational hazard I guess.  So I grab the water and chug it down with the enthusiasm of an ant on a tootsie pop.  Then I fall back into the pillow, which is now wet from the water that missed my intended target. 

MOOOOOMMM!!!  Can I play http://www.pbskids.org/?  Please?  Please please please please.....you know how this goes. 

I tell her yes, and she tries to get online and figure out how to navigate the internet.  She's played plenty of times, but I usually get the URL up for her.  Grandpa is of little help, because he is definitely NOT internet savvy, to put it mildly. 

It's 15 minutes later, and I can hear a meltdown going on in the front room.  I reach for my water, but alas, it is no longer available.  My little cocktail waitress has bigger issues on her hands right now than rehydrating her less than coherent mother.  I roll out of bed and head into the kitchen.  There IS coffee this morning...hooray!!  Coffee is my gasoline.  I truly don't work without it.  I'm kind of a hybrid though...coffee in the mornings, vodka at night.  Another win-win. 

Anyway, I get out of bed, locate PBS online for my daughter, and pour myself some coffee.  It may just be a productive day after all.  I mean, I'm home, so I can at least put a dent into the housework today.  Dinner is already cooking in the crockpot (I got that ready last night...woot woot, go superwoman).  But where do I start?  I can feel myself getting overwhelmed. 

I'll get to the housework in a little bit.  Maybe I'll check my Facebook.  Then that leads to a Google search.  Next comes my blog.  And so here I am, writing for you, ignoring the housework that really needs to be done, but hey...tomorrow is another day, right?  I mean, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? 

I might just start with a vodka martini rather than the broom.  I did just send the kids outside to entertain themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments! I love feedback, especially when it stirs the pot!