My little welcome to you!

Welcome! This blog is a compilation of humor, advice, and everyday life. There are expletives, so if you are sensitive, please go to someone else's blog. I am crass and sometimes downright rude, but I will tell it like it is. Come back to read my stories, I promise there will always be more. Welcome to my life!

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What do you mean I'm almost 30?

This is officially the first birthday I've ever had that I haven't been uber excited for. I love birthdays. They give the world a day to celebrate the fact that my fabulous self was born. But this year I can see that I am truly getting older. The wrinkles around my eyes are celebrating with me. My kids love when it's anybody's birthday, but I'm pretty sure that just has to do with the fact that there is cake. And why is there cake? After 25 there should be no more cake. Maybe a slim-fast with a candle in it. My thighs do not need any more encouragement to grow, trust me.

I did, however, have an epiphany last night while imbibing about 20 oz of Jack Daniel's (courtesy of my wonderful friends)and having a birthday pity party. Don't worry, I started with vodka soda with a lime. Anyway, the epiphany is.....wait for it......I don't know anymore. I used to think I knew, but the longer I live, the more I realize that there is so much more to know. And there are no right answers. Everyone gets hurt sometime, no matter what you do. So tell the world fuck it and go ahead and live. Love. Drink. Work. Play. Do. Enjoy. Smile. Cry. Watch. Have sex. Create. Believe. Build relationships. Just live. And nobody has the answers you are looking for, not entirely. Find wisdom in finding out yourself. I'm gonna kick back and enjoy a nice mixed drink tonight, and have myself a merry little birthday. :) Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments! I love feedback, especially when it stirs the pot!