My little welcome to you!

Welcome! This blog is a compilation of humor, advice, and everyday life. There are expletives, so if you are sensitive, please go to someone else's blog. I am crass and sometimes downright rude, but I will tell it like it is. Come back to read my stories, I promise there will always be more. Welcome to my life!

Total Pageviews

Friday, February 18, 2011

It's scawy!

Those of you readers with kids have been there, right?  You do the bedtime routine, sing them a song, say the prayers, tuck the child in extra well, scare away the monsters, and then walk out of the room with high hopes that your child will stay where you put them.  Is this typically the case?  Not at our house lately. Nope.  Not my son!  For some reason, he thinks that the reason we tuck him in each night is because we want to play Chinese fire drill after bedtime.  His version of Chinese fire drill consists of him sneaking out of his bed and running into Grandpa's room, where he convinces his Grandpa to read him a book.  I don't really blame my Dad, I mean, he forgets.  I would too with dementia.  But the boy, now the boy is a whole different story. 

Anyway, after we take my son back to bed around a half-dozen times he usually gives up on the seemingly futile attempt at escape and falls asleep.  Not for the last couple of nights. 

Let me give you some background on my son.  First of all, he loves to climb.  The kid would climb up the tiger cage at the zoo if I let him.  He also loves to hide.  Hide-and-seek is a favorite around our house.  The combination of climbing and hiding!  That prospect, for him, is absolutely a winner. 

That being said, this is where we found Ethan the night before last.  Not that this is much of a climb...but it is a fun place to escape from Mommy, Daddy, and the monsters.

No, that is not his tiny bedroom.  That is a cupboard.  Yeah, like the Indian in the cupboard, except this time it's an oversized two year old.  When he told us he wanted to sleep in the cabinet, we were like, yeah, right.  Like he'll actually fall asleep in there.  Well, he sure proved us wrong, didn't he??

Just goes to show you the biggest difference between adults and children is our lack of imagination.  I look in the cupboard and see extra storage.  He looked in the cupboard and saw a small space that monsters couldn't fit in, but he could.  And so he used that as a solution to his problem.  My son, the little genius!  I do think that this is going to be a bit of a habit from now on, though.  He was there again last night.  :)
Enjoy your kiddos readers.  They'll only fit into cupboards for a short period of time.  Next thing I know he'll be falling asleep in the shower.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me comments! I love feedback, especially when it stirs the pot!